1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite MMO (RPG)

Discussion in 'Tech Corner' started by Dante Chaos, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

All the talk about differnt styles of mmo and mmorpg is for everyone different.

Take mine for example:

- Graphics need to be realistic
    - Storyline must be good
    - Reality not much of an issue but nothing to extreme
    - Gameplay must not be grinding only
    - Pay for play is ok but must get something good in return and no buying extra expansions aswell.
    - No need for something special that only they have aslong the game is good.

Some examples of games i do like:
    - Vindictus (based on greek mytholigy)
    Pros:
    - Decent grapics
    - background may need some improvement
    - great storyline
    - no grinding needed as you level up during storyline.
    - Crafting system, you get enough materials (can buy it on market or hunt) to make your own custom armor. ofcource same names but colors are what you want (its random at start).
    - Quests are not go kill 20 of these and go kill 10 of those. You have to defeat 1 type mob mostly the boss for an item or just plainly defeat it.
    - Allot of items for both 4 characters and i mean ALLOT of items.
    - No pay to win system, you can buy stuff like clothes and such or extra EXP for few hours but nothing game breaking.
    - Some dialogs are spoken but most are just text.
    - Hack and slash system with cool moves (my prefference)

Cons:
    - Mission system, random rooms in a mission but are not completly unique each time in a different order but can get boring over time.
    - Sometimes you are just a bit of exp away to reach the next quest and you have to redo some random missions in order to get exp.
    - one city is very busy the other is deserted, There are 2 citys sofar in the game but the difference in people is huge there. i do not know why.
    - Only 4 characters to choose of (was 3 when i started) will be 5 later.
    - No Gender choosing, if you want to go tank you are playing a female and damage dealer is a male. Magician a female and the latest char is just a plain ole bulldozer :D
    - Not really a con but timezones are all together in europe version. (US version i cannot play)
    - Music is missing at the Main menu, More a bug i think.

More to add later on

2. Dante Chaos

Back from the dead!

Add to my list:
    Tera - Great looking mmo and storyline is sooo good. nor bored at all. playing with friends makes it even more fun.

From feb 1 its free to play aswell. lets hope the spambots wont come in.

3. djman1010

djman1010 New Member

Maplestory-can be tedious but fun at the same time. Graphics are good compared to other games like it. Very unique game and lots of paths to follow.

4. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: The Old Republic lately. The game is graphically stunning, even more so than Guild Wars 2, in my opinion. The story is what drives the game, not the MMO aspect, though that does make it more fun. I love the game because it's one of those games that you can play with a friend OR play it by yourself and still derive the same amount of fun from it. Not like Guild Wars or WoW or RO....SWTOR is just an all around gamers game.

5. Dante Chaos

Have the same with Tera, its soloble but its more fun to play with friends, they got BAMS (big ass monsters) who are only defeatable when your in a good party (or way higher level) and instances which you really need a party for to play it.

Playing on US server though (by mistake) but ended up staying there cause the EU is freaking expensive
    They ask 60 euro to start... no free trial like the US version. Connection is great so no problem there only bad side is that when i play not many guild people are on.

6. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Well, if it's going Free to Play, I have a feeling you may end up seeing a newly created Steel on your server....just something to think about :p

7. Domino

Domino CGO

I've wanted to play Tera for a while now. But as far as my favorite MMORPG, it's a tough call for me. I've had a loyalty to WoW, but then I really REALLY enjoyed RO when I could play it. Guild Wars, as Steel said, was only really fun when I had someone to play with. I still haven't completed the starting areas for any of my characters on there >.<.

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

For me the game of choice has to be eve online. It's graphics are awesome and I like the sandbox aspect and no one is perfect at everything and it can be played solo or in groups. Either way you can find fun things to do.