Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Steel, Jan 14, 2011.
Any questions about character sheets or the rp itself can go here.
I like the sound of this rp and what techs you have added to the system of things. Though the engineer pic link is broken. As well a quick question as I am gonna be making a sniper for this is the gun restricted to the pic. I am assuming not it is probably more of a representation just as long as we keep it within reason I am sure.
The pic for the engineer is broken? I'll certainly fix that. As for the gun, I am simply just trying to show you the kind of weapons we will be using. You can be trained in a different kind of sniper rifle, but it may or may not be as powerful as that one, it may or may not be more powerful, that goes without saying. That sniper rifle is the standard equipment for snipers, you can choose to use that one or receive a new one. Go ahead and create your character and if there are any issues, I'll be sure to put them in here.
Picture has been changed, thanks for the heads up, Valk.
Valk, I only skimmed your profile before. Now that I've had a chance to read over it fully, here are the things that need to be changed:
1. Her age and rank don't work. Being a MSgt at the age of 22 is...well....impossible. You can keep her as a MSgt if you change her age to at least 30, but then you have to be aiming for 10-year MSgt. So, at least 35, or change the rank to a more appropriate rank. At 22, no more than a Captain.
2. Sniper school is a competitive school. To come out on the top of her class, she would most likely be extraordinarily decorated. Her certifications as a sniper would be insane, and her achievements wouldn't merely be "Top of her class," which also wouldn't mean anything as far as combat goes. You can be the best soldier in your class and on paper, but be the worst when you get in the field. As I stated before, this is a realistic RP, and being the top of her class isn't really realistic...especially not in sniper school.
3. She wouldn't have been picked for any kind of special assault team if her record said "Doesn't work well with others" or "Habit of fighting." She can be a tomboy and get into fights....but being in military school, well, they would have kicked her out. Fighting in a military school is a zero tolerance rule. Her first fight, her and the person/people she was fighting would have all been thrown out.
4. Maiming her last jailmate would have ended up with her never getting out. The military would never let someone out like that, give them a weapon, and say "Go out with this ghost squad, where no one knows you're out there, no one else knows where you're going, and you only report once a month." She would be in, more or less, an internment camp for Russian Americans. This is basically WWII all over again when Japanese Americans and German Americans were all thrown into camps, where they would be kept out of danger....and trouble. She can stand up for herself and then get thrown into jail, but she wouldn't maim or destroy anyone. Chances are she would know better.
5. Her snipe rifle - I have absolutely no problems with you having your own weapon, but when the military special issue rifle only shoots just over 6,000 feet...chances are that a home made rifle won't shoot an extra 1,000....especially not with a suppresor. A sound suppresor lowers the range quite a bit. With her silencer, she probably wouldn't be able to shot more than 5,000 feet, even with the specs that you've stated. So, the only thing that needs to be changed there are the distances.
okay thank you that is what I was waiting for. I had an idea that several of those points were coming due to my lack of knowledge in many of the areas. As for the rest right O boss I will have the adjustments and alterations to her character later.
alright dude rewrote alot of it. Gave alot more back story to get the build I want out of the character but following more of a realistic path with out wreacking the idea of the military as you pointed out. As well made the adjustments to the weapon and have her in the agrred apon starting place with similar current state in a different way that i hope will be acceptable to the nature of th rp.
I have some dishes to take care of, then gotta clean my room, but I will read it as soon as I'm done with that and let you know what I think. Also, I am gonna put up my second character at that time.
Valk, I like the changes. I hope this is okay, but I edited the Special Achievements section and gave her the Combat Master Sniper Badge; awarded for exemplary marskmanship in the line of duty and combat.
That's perfect cause I had absolutely no idea what to be able to put in there lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you think of my medic profile? Anything I need to change?
I think Karyn needs more of a biography. How did she get the Silver Star, why does she have a PoW and Purple Heart medal? The Silver Star is a bit of a concern for me considering what one has to do to acquire it. It is the third highest medal awarded, the first being the Medal of Honor.
As for everything else, I think it works, I would like (as mentioned before) more on her bio. Her picture is a little iffy, but I'll let it slide because it's obvoius that it is just a combat suit and she's not some cyborg or something like that. Her SMG and Pistol mastery is perfect, I like that you didn't say pistol and bazooka...two polar opposites. So, other than the couple of things I mentioned, you're good to go.
Well, I don't know much about awards other than POW and PH. I picked a rank that seemed ok for her age since I have a irl friend that made lt. In the navy by the time she was 19. Not sure what she did to get it though. i didn't want to power level her in terms of accomplishments, bit i also didn't want her to look like a fresh recruit.
Can you gove me some background info on somw battles that might've taken place in your rp? Otherwise ill use an Iraq ear on terrorism battle since that's the only thing I can think of.
First, about 3rd Lt. I'm not sure what your friend has told you about it, but there isn't a 3rd Lt. in the US Military...and if there is, then it's the lowest on the totem pole. At 19, most likely fresh in the service, and being an Officer, they'd have been 2nd Lt. But we're getting into technicalities. You can make them whatever rank you want, as long as it is realistic and doable...which yours is much more than just doable...it's forced but also means that she hasn't ranked up since she joined. At 24, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a Captain, or at the very least, a 1st Lt.
As for her accomplishments, being the youngest student in her med class is quite alright, even her excelling at it....you know, some people are just made for certain things. But like sniper school, military med school is highly competitive, just so you're aware.
Wars before the Russian invasion:
The only war that happened after Iraq was, essentially, a repeat of the Cold War. This is where the Russians really began to get pissed off at us. Instead of an arms race, US troops were sent to Belarus, which threatened the Russians. This sparked a 'verbal war' where nothing but threats of war and invasion were thrown at each other. Some battles were sparked, but no one really knows who fired the first shot. This took place only a year before the invasion of American soil, so for your character to have been a PoW in that war, and to have received a Purple Heart, very likely.
I would like to apologise to everyone for not putting this information in before this. I just made this small battle up, hadn't really thought about having a war before the invasion....but now I hope that it makes more sense. Any other questions/concerns?
There, I fixed it. Removed the silver star and made her a captain, according to age, and made up an awesome story to help explain her medals.
Az, I agree, awesome back story. You're good to go! Now....should I start this one or Arages War lol
Lol this is awesome two chars with back story involving being shot in the leg by a Russian sniper I can see the love for Sasha coming already not to mention the chars so far are 3 females to steels two males lol anyhow very anxious fir this one. Next on my list though is a question steel to perhaps designate a color to signify our characters and whatever npcs speaking Russian. Felt it could add more realism in the sense of borders.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Russian soldiers, as the basic infantry, will speak in this color. The higher ups will speak in a brighter red. And the main villans will speak in this color
That works for me!!! And I think you should start both!!
and for those of us with russian back rounds and raising?