1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the Ashes: Project Legacy

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Steel, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Sorry for the Double Post.

I just wanted everyone to know that I am going on a trip to Mississippi next week and will be a bit less active than I have been. With my computer being out of commission, I haven't been as active as I would like to have been, but even that is going to be going down hill a bit as I prepare for the journey. I will still be as active as I can, though.

2. Domino

Domino CGO

Me too. I am not able to post as much as I want to currently with the holidays just around the corner. My job has got me on a tight schedule, and that's pretty much all I'm going to be able to do until after the new year. I'll post as much as I can, and maybe even get Steel to post for me every now and then.

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

Okay I am gonna edit my post as Isee the sense in what your saying and I should have added more with a few more details on things. As for two instance though I did not say it was raining I said the wind of the occuring storm which by the time line of the rp would be considered accurant with my post with Kestra in the storm clouds and lightning. The whole patrol camp well I probably made an over zealous assumption there in the sense of thinking post apocolyptic and there being gangs all over the place. Which could be very true but reading over my post one instance might suggest a great deal of distance where in the next it would put them damn near beside me So I am gonna edit a bunch of that post. As for the part with her feelings I apologize for that as somewhere in there at the beginning I seem to have misplaced a paragraph that should have been there and isn't. So when I am done having stern words with my keyboard and its stupid layout I will be sure to correct that one as well. Lol HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!!!

4. Valkyrie

Okay just to let you know my post is edited and hopefully a little bit better I tried not to rush it but I still think I did.

5. Valkyrie

Short of sounding like a complete noob or perhaps this is the wrong place for it but if someone or yourself steel can give me a detailed idiot proof explaination of how to do collored font that would be awesome as I like how that really brings things out. Then again as I say that I see there is a color font choice to the right of the message window..........um Yeah noob here......

Also I will wait till you finish your post steel before I post otherwise Iw ill post with only a couple characters and then hedit or post again for Kestra unless you are gonna post a follow up with Kestra for steel's interaction. Maybe I will just do that.

6. Domino

Domino CGO

I'll be posting in all of the rp's after work today. And if Steel consents, I'll post for him as well so that we can get them going again.

7. Domino

Domino CGO

So, I ended up being more tired than I thought I would be after work today, so I apologize for not posting in the rp's today. However, Steel told me to let you all know that he will be narrating when he gets back to Idaho, and things will be moving again on the site.

8. Steel

I think that there is a misunderstanding on the dimensional rifts, Dante. They aren't portals that simply open and then you walk into them, they aren't open for your convenience and you go through them if/when you want. They open under you and you are quite literally dropped into them and thrown into a world that is completely new to you. So....I will wait to narrate/post until after that is all changed.

9. Domino

Domino CGO

I'll post whenever this is all straightened out.

10. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

hmm well it was more like they both dont know where they end up after opening one of those portals that appears not by their own will. (a bit but yeah)

Il change it into them going into a portal but it goes wrong and appear there.
    That ok?

11. Steel

No one post in Ashes until I make another post in here and then narrate in the RP. Things need to be made very clear before the story comes to an abrupt halt as everyone dies.

12. Steel

Okay, I need to clarify a major thing with this RP:

In reference to starting battles on your own, you must be EXTREMELY careful with what you are doing. I will NOT hesitate to kill your characters this time, and I have given ample amount of warnings against it, and this will be the last warning. If you feel the need to have your characters chased or hunted, they WILL die if you are on a massive scale.

Examples:
    Valk's patrol that was heading towards Lyreal - They would have found her and killed her, no chance.
    Dante's hellhounds - The numbers are increasing, they are chasing, and they are vicious. The chance of them killing Dante and Ayame, and the entire party, is more likely than not.

I understand pushing your characters with fights, but if you aren't careful and think about what you're doing and the quantity that you are doing it in, you will find that your characters are laying in a pool of their own blood, not moving, and completely lifeless.

Another thing, since when does Kestra need guardians/protectors? Elson and Dom wouldn't have stepped along side of her to act as protection...she is more powerful than either of them, she doesn't need it. So, don't play down your characters, or that is how they will be played from that point on....and they will probably die.

These are the last warnings that I will hand out.

13. Valkyrie

i heed your warning but in all good light of the moment steel you turly amuse me. As for Kestra. I totally see where you are coming from. As for the play down. I didn't want to push to much along given your current situation and getting on the forums without a further narration. Second I didn't want to push to much with her since our last discussion on her place in the rp and her issues of control being between the two of us. So i do apologize if it seemed like I was playing her down.

14. Steel

I get what you're saying, Valk, but that was really a warning for everyone. I don't want you guys to spend all that time creating characters only to have to play them as weaker than what they are. Kestra will become an NPC very soon, so worry not.

15. Steel

Kestra doesn't have the ability to go into any mind that she so chooses. Magee would be a bit more powerful than just letting her come in and all of that. This RP is not going to be that easy. For Kestra to be able to go into someone's mind, without them consenting to it (which is against her character sheet) and then for her to know everything in the twinkling of an eye, as well as Domino and Elson, doesn't work. So, Valk, I need you to change that. Have her going into Magee's mind, then Dom will post something on Magee's part. But, too much god-modding without permission, and that also needs to stop now....or at least ask permission.

I changed it, didn't take anything else from the post.

Also, one last thing, Steel wasn't near Rynn, it was never stated where either of them were. If Rynn were to fall over, especially near someone like him, he would have simply moved out of the way and acted as if she wasn't real. You know that I don't mind you controlling my characters from time to time, as long as they are kept within their characters.

16. Valkyrie

My bad I will try to be more attentive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Steel

I keep seeing tapatalk all over the place, it's funny. And thanks for trying, I appreciate it and that's all I can ask for.

18. Valkyrie

I figure now I should be good to go first I was under playing then I was ovverplaying and somewhat godmodding and moving to fast so now next post I am thinking I will hit the sweet spot. I think part of it is the slow nature of the posting atm and controlling my eagerness and remebering to take my time which if you know me is actually no easy feat. But I will continue my efforts at improving because I do enjoy my writing when I have actually taken my time with it. Coffee is sooooo goood yet so evil at the same time I am cursed!!!

19. Steel

I will have a post up by the end of the day today. Been extremely under the weather, so I apologize for falling behind.

20. Steel

okay, I went to post in ashes and saw that I had posted two posts ago. So, before I post, I need to know if anyone else is going to post anything.