1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Hunter

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Domino, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

I think i could make the demons gem make mifune able ot summon his 10 blades aswell to suplement his attack power.
    Increase in strength by using demon power or something.

hmm gotta think about this this night

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

okay the last edit I am doing to my post is up as per a convo and message passing between dom steel and myself regarding the piece of jewelry. I have it showing its not a permananet attachment and that it can come off. If any other conserns just let me know but I think I finally have the post finished through all my over excitement lol and thanks to Steel and Dom for having patience I got really overly excited and they helped me get through it punctuation and all hehehehe.

3. Valkyrie

Since I have not heard anything I am assuming the post is okay and people have just been busy or away to have been posting?

4. Domino

Domino CGO

Yes, I like the update to the post. I have been busy for the past week or so. My brother and his family came to visit, so I had been spending time with them. Between juggling that, work, and spending what little other time I had with Steel, posting kind of fell behind, lol. BUT! FEAR NOT, GOOD PEOPLE! We are getting the ball rolling again.

We also need a post from Dante. I was trying to wait for him to post before I did a narration. If any of you ever need ideas, Steel and I are full of them, so just ask, and we'll help you out if you're stuck.

But as I stated earlier, Valk, the updates are very nice. When I read through it the first time it kind of confused me with the jewel settling itself, as it were. It seemed as if the jewel was becoming a permanent part of her, like what Rays had gone through...but Mercy hadn't paid a toll. But it is in good shape now, not confusing.

5. Dante Chaos

Hows a split personality sound? when every he uses his power tomuch black tatoo like marks appear and another personality trys to take over?

6. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Dante, I refer you to the last few posts. Please read over them carefully and then check your post. If you have any questions, ask and they'll be answered. But, the post that you have up is not going to work.

7. Dante Chaos

its probaly to fast towards the safe house no? il revise then.

Hmm i hope this is better.

8. Steel

Too quick to the safe house, the demon's eye burning into your skin, going to the spirit world (which wasn't anything like the spirit world in the first two posts) and the whole "split personality" leaves a HUGE opening for a narration where your character goes on some killing spree and ends up dying because Gloria shot him in the head. I think you need to discuss this all with Dom. Also, I get the feeling that you're feeling rushed, and there fore you aren't thinking too hard or reading all of the posts clearly. If you have any kind of questions (and this goes for everyone) DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!!

9. Dante Chaos

:p my bad, it is rather rushed yeah.

First i need my act together.
    The post needs revising from scratch but i have no clue on what to post rather than UUBER MODE :D

My suggestion is as followed:

- Gem merges with bracelet, still remove able from arm.
    - Use of power with gem drains stamina from the user showing black like tatoes covering him more on how he uses it.
    - To much use will result in collapse of body unable to move until result has vanished atleast 50%
    will need help on the spirit thingy.

10. Domino

Domino CGO

Alright, Dante, here's my take (including what Steel talked about earlier):

I like the draining of stamina thing. It flows a lot better with your ability than a split personality. Steel and I discussed your post, and, as Steel stated earlier, I didn't see it ending any other way than with Gloria ending Mifune's life.

You could have a few options with your black markings. They could either start out feint wherever they show up fully, or you could have them start on one part of Mifune's body, then the marks spread over his body, slowly draining stamina as it goes, or you could do a combination of the two. You might could even make the ability evolve as the story progresses and have the marks spread faster or slower or whatever. Have fun with it.

The spirit/demon world is the same as the one in Demon Flash. What Rays went through is basically what everyone else will go through. That demon will need a toll in order for you to pass back into the world of the living. You will only see the other world when you use your ability powered by the demon's eye for the first time. The jewel will attach itself to your armor first, but again, once you use it, it will become a part of you.

As I have stated many times before, PLEASE don't just post something to post. As DM of this RP, and Steel being Co-DM, if either of us find a post to be just a "filler" post with no thought put into it, there will be consequences. No more editing because you didn't pay attention AT ALL to the previous posts. I understand missing a detail or two out of a previous post, but Steel and I can tell the difference.

Do not hesitate to ask me or Steel questions if you are confused about how you should post. I would rather answer questions BEFORE you post, than have to constantly tell you to redo it.

11. Domino

Domino CGO

Going to be picking this one back up this week. I want to pooooooooooost!

12. Domino

Domino CGO

After a couple more posts, I will be narrating back to camp. Once there, you will all get a blueprint for your character, one that will build your character's abilities and weapon usage. You will all need to think about what direction your character will take with said blueprint to optimize your abilities and so forth.

13. Valkyrie

Nice to see the effort to getting it back up and going but since I was the last one to post before your post Dom I am going to wait a day or so to see if the others post up either way I will try and get a post up before a narration just wanna see the others post first.

14. Domino

Domino CGO

Agreed. And it doesn't have to be much to the post, just a little reaction or something. Though, I do have a bit of work to do working out everyone's blueprints and such XD

15. Steel

I really should be sleeping right now, but I just wanted to inform everyone that there will most likely be a post going up on Tuesday or sometime very very soon.

16. Domino

Domino CGO

I'm going to be working out some details and posting something up in a bit, for sure.

17. Steel

Expect a post or two tomorrow.

18. Domino

Domino CGO

Alright, as far as interviews with Greblin go, you all are free to conduct it however you wish. Just be sure to answer these three questions within the post:

1) What is your weapon of choice?
    2) What is your special ability?
    3) What is your role? (e.g. are you quick? a tank? ranged?)

Please note that you are only conducting the interview. I will handle the rest through narration, including your character actually receiving their schematic.

Also, remember that the answer to these questions will determine what schematic you receive. Changing schematics later in the RP is possible, however it will be detrimental to your skills and weapon abilities. For instance, if you end up with a schematic that is for swords and melee combat, you can change it to a ranged weapon schematic later, but your abilities will pretty much drop back to beginner level and you will not be able to reach your character's full potential.

19. Domino

Domino CGO

Awesome job with interviews and such. Sorry it's taken me forever to respond to it, but here we go.

Valk, you brought an interesting twist to the schematics, one I didn't think about. I had originally planned on just having different trees of weapons and armor, but actually having the characters represented on the scrolls is a wonderful idea. So, I combined the two.

Basically, when you are looking at your currently selected schematic, you will see a blueprint of your character, basically, with the next stage of weaponry and armor available to you. When your character presses their thumb on the bottom of the scroll (there will be a symbol there so as not to accidentally hit it because you don't know where it is), they will see the tree diagram of the three best specialty trees suited for them, one being the current schematic, and two others. I will allow player choice for the other two areas, for instance if you are currently using a crossbow specialty, it would be center and the other two choices could be a sword specialty, or possibly a mace specialty.

Now for what Gloria was explaining. Once your character starts upgrading, training, and specializing in a weapon, they are more than welcome to begin specializing in another weapon. However, neither area will grow to their fullest potential throughout the rp. Your character will not be able to master either one. If they stick with one schematic from start to finish, they will master the weapon. Armor will be suited for each weapon type, for instance, if you are a ranger, your armor will be lighter, possibly just leather. Sword wielders will have heavier armor, such as chain mail and plate armor.

If this does not make sense, please let me know. Steel and I will be working out schematic details soon.

20. Domino

Domino CGO

I, too, am at an idea block for my RP, and since I haven't posted in forever anyway, I'll lock this one up until I get good bearings on it again. I do intend on finishing it, because it has such and epic ending....just have to figure out how on earth to get you guys there, lol.