1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Hunter

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Domino, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Domino

Domino CGO

Valk, nice post. You handled the X-Crusader very nicely. There were just a couple of things I need to mention. First, the X-Crusaders aren't necessarily slow and lumbering. They can be fast, just not very smart. And second, Rays already pulled the dagger out of the other one's skull, so she would have to just see the event.

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

I edited my post to flow with those couple points a bit more as pointed out. Also I added a bit to the end in regards to the tingly sensation. Since she is a trainy and everyones ability to use demon power differs then they may not be exactly aware of it as it becomes almost like gift. So I have her feeling lighter and unsure of what it is. as she becomes familiar with it and learns to control it then of course she will be more aware and better at it to the point she can make it work for her. Kinda like xmen hen they come of age and their mutnt powers show up if you will. Hope this is acceptable thought I would ask before I take it any futher.

3. Domino

Domino CGO

That's acceptable for the moment. Everyone who passes the trial will be receiving a gift from Gloria. It will be an item that will allow the characters to actually harness the energy. Since they are still humans, and will continue to be humans, they will need this item in order to use the energy. Mercy should have no real problems using the item, though I can't say much for everyone else, lol, at least at this point in time. A full rundown of the item will be posted once Gloria gives them to everyone.

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

sweet awesomeness

NOW EVERYONE START POSTING OR WAIT FOR THE NARRATION LETS GET THIS SHOW MOVING OH I LOVE THESE RPS.

okay the coffee has been taken away I am good now

5. Domino

Domino CGO

I've been waiting for Dante, who I think is still on his vacation, so it may take a little longer, Valk. Patience is a virtue, lol.

6. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Uhn il post when i get home.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

7. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Dante, I just gotta tell you this. Domino is not going to approve of Mifune using auras, let alone being able to see auras. You don't have that ability...none of us do.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE!

WE ARE HUMAN! THROUGH AND THROUGH! WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE SPECIAL ABILITIES THAT CHAMPIONS OR MONKS DO! WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FIGHT, AND FIGHT VERY WELL....BUT OUTSIDE OF THAT, WE ARE NOTHING SPECIAL!

We are able to see the X-Crusaders because they don't have the ability to hide themselves. We are able to kill them because they are not very powerful. However, they are powerful enough to give us REGULAR, INEXPERIENCED people an extremely hard time. I'm sure the thousand sword style will be alright, but to be able to sense and see auras right now is going to be impossible.

8. Domino

Domino CGO

As people who have rp'd on this site for more than just one rp, I expect you guys to be able to read the creation threads and be up-to-date on posts. I know that we take time off every now and then, and Dante, you've been on a much needed vacation. But please...don't just post to post something. If you need to catch up, tell me, and I will be very understanding. I have to go back and read stuff a lot, especially for collaborative writing stuff.

When it comes to abilities, I need you all to get out of the mindset that a special ability is a super power. Dante, your thousand sword ability is a good ability because it is a physical attack that, with ample training, a human can master. These are your normal fighting abilities.

As far as demon power is concerned, as I stated in a previous discussion tavern post, your characters will be given an item that will allow them to harness demon energy so that they may utilize this power. Without the item, they can't use it. If your character senses a demon, they are not sensing the energy or the power of the demon. Think of it more as they can tell by the way they suddenly feel. Demons all emit an energy that will cause your character to be in a different state of mind than they were previously. Maybe the environment is darker, maybe they are suddenly very sad or have flashes of violent scenes playing in their mind. Valk's post was a perfect example of what I was looking for in order for your character to pass the trial. And believe me, I will be dealing with Steel's loop hole within the rp.

I WILL NOT repeat myself over and over, hence the warning that I posted in the original creation thread. This will be a much smoother rp if we all pay attention. Steel has kept me on my toes about things, like his character's way around my first trial, so you guys aren't the only ones who have to pay attention to details. I have awesome plans for this rp, and I really don't want to kill any characters off. But I will, if I have to, so please don't make me. I like all the characters, and I have plans for all of you.

9. Dante Chaos

Im sorry >_< posted to hasty there. Removed the aura and will keep in mind. Added some more damage to my char aswell.

10. Steel

Hate to do this, but I want you to know I'm not trying to get on you for your posts or anything like that. Your post with Mifune's trip to the well....doesn't work. The amount of creatures that you meet on the way there would have killed you, and the path shining isn't going to work either. You still have you in the plains, but we're in the city. I told Domino that if you didn't know what to do, then I would post something for you. But, you're supposed to be able to feel your way through it. Through the pitch black of fear and doubt, all of that stuff. So, it's up to you if you wanted to fix it or if you wanted me to. Either way is good with me.

11. Dante Chaos

No biggie dude. I will try to fix the posts. If it ain't good enough post for me.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

12. Steel

Okay, the Demon's Eye is permanent, as stated in the narration. But, that doesn't mean that you can go in and post, find out that it isn't going to work very well, and then edit it. As an Admin, we can see if a post has been edited....so be fore warned! WHERE YOU PUT THE JEWEL IS WHERE IT STAYS! So make sure that you put your jewel where it is going to be most effective. For instance, Mifune would most likely want it on his gauntlet or something....a wrist band, ANYTHING near his swords. Mercy....well, Valk...have fun with that one. Oh....and you'll see what happens when you use it the first time real soon, so don't any of you think about trying to use them yet either.

This message is from Dom herself, not just me.

13. Steel

This is what Rays' left eye will look like after he is all healed. His face will be permanently disfigured in a crazy scar. The scar will look like an explosion around his eye (I would estimate it at about 2 inches around his eye) that stretches to his ear from where he was tearing at his skull.

Please let me know if that post is okay, if it made sense, and if there are any questions on how he looks now. I found it very difficult to express, in words, the amount of pain he was in....but just know that there is nothing that comes close. Not child birth, not kidney stones, not being kicked in the groin 100 times with enough force to make you puke blood for the next thousand years. Imagine, if you can, someone reaching into your head, grabbing a hold of your eye, and ripping it from your skull....that's what he is feeling....on top of the jewel replacing his now missing eye.

14. Domino

Domino CGO

Very nicely done, Steel. I will talk to you some more about the outcome of your jewel for your next post.

And just as a clarification, Rays' use of the jewel was successful for this post. This is not a kickback, or else he wouldn't have made it to the other plain. Everyone will have to pay a toll that is equivalent to the ability you will be using. If you need some suggestions, pm me, and we'll get it taken care of.

15. Dante Chaos

If mine would be on my arm would i like miss a arm or something?

16. Steel

No. Since you already have the ability, I would imagine that your use of demon energy would only make it faster and/or stronger. So, the fact that you wouldn't be using much energy at all means that your toll would be a small one. The tolls paid are directly related to the amount of energy you have to use: the smaller the energy use, the more bearable the toll will be. The more bearable the toll, you may or may not have to pay that toll every time you use your energy. The bigger the energy use, the more severe the toll. The severe tolls range from a one time payment (like Rays') or fewer payments. Domino will tell you the kind of toll you will need to pay...I was just trying to help clear things up, though I don't think I succeeded.

17. Dante Chaos

It does clear a bit up.
    Im probaly thinking now on something like a hart condition or something that comes and goes on howlong and howmuch he uses the skill.

Not noticeable in first uses perhaps but later its showable.

Hows that?

18. Steel

Domino, what do you think?

19. Domino

Domino CGO

Well...your character wouldn't be much of a demon hunter if he was dead, which is where he would inevitably end up if you went with such a toll. You have already used your skill once, so the use of your demon's eye jewel won't really use that much energy. All it would do would boost your skill by ten times the normal power/speed. Seeing as how the toll is equal to the amount of energy used, it would probably only do very minimal damage.

Also, your character must cross over to the demon plain and pay a toll to come back. Perhaps your character's toll could be every time you use your skill, you must go to the spirit world (much like Rays did) and pay a toll to come back to the land of the living. Your toll could be that a small part of your soul is taken, or that all of your energy is gone after you use the skill. Unless of course your toll was paid in full, like Rays'. His, however, was one of the severe tolls that only happens once, because he is now stuck with the demon's eye as his own.

Either way, a heart condition seems a bit TOO big a price to pay for your ability. You can also pm me if you have any other ideas about what you want to do with your character.

However, if you decide that you want to continue with the heart condition, we'll see what we can work out, but it doesn't bode well for your character.

20. Steel

Valk, just one problem with your post. You didn't mention anywhere about Mercy seeing Rays going through his ordeal. And, after seeing that, would Mercy really have openly done what she did? I'm just curious about how the rookies would have reacted to such a display.