1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Hunter

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Domino, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Domino

Domino CGO

As usual, any questions or concerns about the RP will discussed and handled in here as to not spam the actual rp with ooc's. Also, there is a little bit of an edit in the character creation topic. Welcome to hell on earth.

PLEASE BE SURE TO REFRESH YOURSELF ON YOUR CHARACTERS AND BADDIES. This lessens the probability of your character dying.

2. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

I was like darn what was this about again :D memory failed me that moment now i remember.

cant think of anything atm. its to late now >_< tomorrow another go!

Go Go Gadjet thinkingcap!

3. Domino

Domino CGO

I'm going to edit the opening post to allow for more openings. Sorry for the cut and paste, but no worries, it will be up and running and well oiled very soon.

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

Cool I will see if I can get a post up tonight or tomorrow been looking forward to this one as this theme is my favorite probably why I liked flash so very much and I like the fact we have the rp's coexisting but not sequels pure awesomeness!!!!

5. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Fear not, my fellow RP'ers! I will remind her that she wanted to edit when she gets home from work....that way, we can all start posting.

Also, Dom gave me permission to create a few demons (almost typed in zombies XD) for this RP, so you'll have some brand new flare, but still a very minimal of the familiar taste.

6. Domino

Domino CGO

Post edited. Openings abound! Have fun!

7. Domino

Domino CGO

I think we need to clarify what a scabbard is, and what Gloria was telling Mifune. The way Gloria was talking was as if Mifune had brought both of his scabbards with him, and she was just telling him to put one back. Now a scabbard, historically and by your character sheet, Dante, holds 4-6 swords....so Mifune wouldn't just be bringing one sword with him, just one scabbard. Hope that makes sense.

8. Dante Chaos

Ah yes I have to clarafy its one big scabard and all those swords in it. So he takes just one out. K now to bed. We got breakfast with steel.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

9. Domino

Domino CGO

Still need you to edit your post, Dante, before we can move the story along.

10. Dante Chaos

I changed the post and my sheet to match 6 swords. That should be fine right?

11. Domino

Domino CGO

If you only want to use 6 swords, then that is fine. I had no problems with your character sheet. You just had two different definitions of scabbard going on. Gloria was intending on Mifune to bring a scabbard of multiple swords, just not two scabbards of swords, as you character sheet explained that he does at times. If your want your character to be able to use his Infinite One-Sword, then you can keep it the way it is.

Also, I forgot to mention, the "keep out" tape is something that you probably want to get rid of entirely. You're more than welcome to try it out in battle, as it doesn't go against the character sheet rules...it just might be really difficult to wrap up an entire area with caution tape with demons attacking you. Just a thought.

12. Dante Chaos

Stick with 6 swords for now. Up let him use 12 when he evolutions or something. Sorry for the confusion.

13. Domino

Domino CGO

Sounds good, Dante.

Alright, for the trial, when I say that your character will have to pick up on demon energy, I do NOT mean that your character will have a "sixth sense" of some sort. Remember, they are humans. They will need to pick up on the kind of environment that a demon creates around them, the stronger the demon, the further that environment extends. I want to see what kind of feelings you guys think these demons will create before I step in and explain. Have fun!

14. Steel

Dom and I have talked about this, and Van will be the last one to show up at the well because of something we wanted to take place. So, everyone post and, after Dom gives me the all clear, I will re-post Van's entrance thing.

15. Domino

Domino CGO

I made a slight change to the first sentence, but only to make this more understandable. None of the trainees can see anything that's further than a foot away from them, and not very well at that. So...simply making it to the well...is not as easy as it seems. These people don't know where they're going, they're in the dark in an unfamiliar territory, so they won't just know where the well is from memory. Gloria has been around the town many times, and in the dark. She is able to see in the dark a little bit better than the rest of the group because she has hunted demons in the dark for so long. This is why she can scale the buildings with ease, and be able to maneuver the city without missing a step.

Gloria said your character must use your other senses, preferably the ability to sense demonic energy/aura/the environment they create. Your characters would be wise to take her advice.

On another note, you must remember that at this point in the rp, your characters are still in training. You may have mastered skills in combat with humans, but it's a little bit different when you're fighting something you've not encountered before. Fight blindly, and you might suffer the consequences.

I will allow some time for posts to be edited. But be warned! If Gloria finds your attempt unsatisfactory, she will not hesitate to send you back to the beginning of the trial to complete it again.

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

I will have my post up Monday tomorrow for sure sorry I am taking so long been out of town lol wasn't expecting sonmuch activity since it was so slow for so long I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dante Chaos

I will edit it tomorrow. When moving is done.

18. Domino

Domino CGO

It's okay, no real rush on this, anyway. Still working out a few kinks and such. And it will give me time to catch up with the rest of the boards.

19. Steel

Dante....can you please edit your post? Dom is going to post anyway as if you did, but for the story to flow properly you will need to edit your post. Thanks.

20. Domino

Domino CGO

I will have a narration up tomorrow...I'm exhausted right now. It will be in the afternoon, after I get off work, so look for it then.