1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arages War

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Steel, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Quick question, why is Varenth grabbing Sally's arm and telling her that she needs to equip herself? When it comes to combat, everyone knows what to do and how to do it....they are all soldiers, even though some of them aren't really professional *cough*Morgan, Gideon, Gabriel, Hazael*cough*

2. Aziroth

Aziroth Member

Never meant it that way. I figured since were not in any war or anything that not everyone is going be fully equipped at all times. Plus, if you would like I can delete the last paragraph when I get on a computer next. Posting this from my phone.

I was hoping to start a rivalry with gideon and varenth.

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

Lol I won't be making a constant habit of Morgan's behavior. She is skilled at what she does but she is young and at time can be irresponsible but not always. But am trying to stay in character now if you will excuse me I need to address a cat fight and a punch in the face.

4. Domino

Domino CGO

And I was keeping Sally in character =P. She's been a bit testy lately...lol.

5. Valkyrie

Yes Morgan's Jaw is still feeling the testiness of Sally lol but it was well placed I think. I hope it is well within the limits of the world since magic is available that a special herbal mix could be made as I wrote to eliminate the effects of alcohol in a short period of time combined with have one's senses knocked around.

6. Steel

Anyone else gonna post before I narrate?

7. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Il try :p Been hectic

8. Steel

Valk, go ahead and re-read my last post. Gabe was out in the streets and all that.

And just so everyone knows, Az and I are working on some huge updates for the classes, and these will be very important, so please pay attention to what is going on with all of that.

9. Valkyrie

I added to my char sheet just to coincide with my recent post. Its not a big deal r at least I hope its not but considering the way I am rping her and they way she behaves and her upbringing its not really all that far fetched either and since no one else really covers it or the classes I figure I could be perfect for it and I can totally see it coming out in this rp. Should you be in disagreement Steel let me know and I will change it or if you want some adjustment on it.

10. Steel

Hey, Dante, I have a few issues with your last post. It doesn't really flow with anything....I'm just curious as to where you got Shane being a Dragoon, especially since it wasn't put in his character sheet. I understand being a "Dragon Knight," but that isn't an available class. So, that should either be explained in great detail or taken out. Taking to the rooftops...well, in the medieval times, that wouldn't really work since the roofs are made up of hay, straw, and you would most certainly go crashing in and say hello to your neighbors while they were eating supper.....which would be very funny indeed...and I think I might do something like that.

11. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

rofl... typo's for the win. dragoon is from ff9 XD my bad. uhh i thought the rooftops where a bit modern from stone and such since its a capital city. didt knew that so yeah my bad. Did hastend that post though XD was very hectic at work

12. Valkyrie

Not to interefere if Steel's Idea is straw covered house then so be it but seeing as it is the kingdom's capital and home of the royal castle and such the inner city within the walls would be clay shingled rooftops so to speak. It has withstood seige after seige in Steel's own description so if thats the case it would be assumed it would be a clay or stone rooftops with in the city otherwise way to easy for an enemy to shoot a flaming arrow into the city and watch it go wooosh into a hurling ball of flame. on the city borders and farmland outside the city walls you would be seeing the novelty of straw roofed homes. Now on another note, it is midday early afternoon guessing from the time that has passed so far. Now guard or not your on a rooftop running in midday clear to see from any guard station and lookout roughly from around the walls whichever one is closer. Now your not chasing anyone and your not a labourer fixing shingles on a rooftop. Therefore you would be under immediate suspicion and crossbow bolts or arrows would start flying after a shout from the closest detatchment. Still there would most likely be lots of blindspots on the network of twisting rooftops but one would have to be careful not to put themselves out in the open unless it was night time. Just my two cents on how I picture it but I am sure Steel will review and give us a more definite imagry on the scene.

13. Steel

You are both right, it is the capital city, it is a bit more modern than the outer lying villages and towns, but the inner city is the only part that's like that. Let me lay it out for you.

This monstrous hill holds the entire kingdom. The outer walls stand at about 20 feet high, about 30 feet thick. On top of those walls there are regular patrols of archers and swordsmen. From there, there is a span of about 4 football lengths, this is the outer city (where all of our heroes live.) The houses here are built of wood, their roofs are straw and hay. Then, the inner walls, which stand about 50 feet high and are, again, 30 feet thick. Same patrols, archers and swordsmen, but the number is much greater and much more dangerous. The inner city is made up of stone, clay, and metal. Then comes the castle itself, standing proud in the very middle of the kingdom, made of stone, metal, and clay once again. Guard towers, mobile patrols, stationary archer stations, etc. are all over the place here.

The reason the outer city buildings are made the way they are is because of a tactic the kingdom employs. When invaded, and the invaders enter the outer walls, the outer city is set a blaze, causing a few things to happen:
    1. It makes it nearly impossible to make it to the inner city. The heat becomes so intense that it nearly kills any heavily armored soldiers that are caught in the middle of it.
    2. It makes it nearly impossible to see since all the smoke from the hay fills the air. This makes any invaders get lost in the city, unable to get to the inner city, let alone the castle itself.

Valk also hit the nail on the head. You wouldn't be able to go across the tops of the buildings without getting killed, no matter how skilled you are. The best archers in the kingdom would be watching you do it while they smiled and loaded their bows.

14. Steel

Domino and I have been dealing with a ton of shit from our families...mostly mine, but I'll get her to post and then I'll post, if that's cool with you all. (I am posting this in all three RP's)

15. Steel

Alright, if no one is going to post, then I'm just going to close this one down. I want to start other RP's, but can't if there isn't ANY activity (from myself, included.) however, I posted before Az did...just pointing that out.

16. Domino

Domino CGO

I have edited my last post to include Diana's part. Hope this will help things move along a little more.

17. Domino

Domino CGO

So, Steel...when I read the narration you just posted, I read it as "The dragon raised up it's hind legs and a flash of light exploded from it's body." And knowing you...I immediately thought this dragon farted sparkles.....Just thought I would share that lovely image.

18. Steel

Seriously? Facepalm of epic proportions. The dragon heals with gaseous fumes of butt sparkles! It's an Area of Effect spell that heals anyone downwind of the caster for 80% of their health. They receive a debuff labeled "Need to Breathe" that causes all stats to have a 5% deduction and all attacks for 10 minutes are used under the "Weakened Blows" debuff. The caster, if he can give enough warning before casting "Butt Sparkles" can provide a buff called "The Mask of Anti-Gas", which is a buff that lasts for 15 seconds, preventing any negative debuffs from "Butt Sparkles"

19. Domino

Domino CGO

Wow....you just took that to a WHOLE new level. Congratulations on your level!!!!!!!!