1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arages War

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Steel, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Any and all comments, questions, concerns during the actual game will go in here. Anything that needs to be asked right now can go in here too, I guess.

2. Steel

Should I start this?

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

No you should wait until I become a billionaire and buyout google while eating a chocolate sunday from the top of the eiffel tower! Yes start it lol a few of us are anxiously waiting.

4. Steel

If I start this one next week, is everyone going to be okay with that? Are we going to see Az more often :p

The reason I've been holding off so long is because Zero said he was going to be starting his, but he hasn't. So this one will be going up once I get the introduction ready.

5. Aziroth

Aziroth Member

So uhhh.... when is this starting?

6. Steel

This will be starting by the end of the week, absolutely no doubt about it. Just been dealing with a ton of crap in my life.

Actually, why not right now?

7. Domino

Domino CGO

As long as you can handle it, I say go for it. Who knows, maybe it'll help you cope, lol.

8. Steel

When Gideon is not on duty and out of his armor, he wears this with a hooded wool shirt over it. He has a mace on his hip and a shield near by.

9. Steel

Valk, I'm not entirely sure you realized this, but your character doesn't carry a bunch of knives and assorted blades. You didn't specify her obsession with knives in her character sheet. You said that she carries two kukri's and a long bow. And, on top of that, being the class she is, she wouldn't be carrying around a multitude of blades on her person...hidden or not. She would be so bogged down that she would become completley ineffective in battle....that and she wouldn't be able to use her bow very well. So, maybe re-read your character sheet and play her appropriately. This is partially my fault since I waited so long for Zero to start his....so I apologize.

10. Valkyrie

I will adjust accordingly. My misitterpretations and lack of memory indeed get in my way but if its alright with you and this one is literally just starting I would like to make some minor adjustments to my char sheet considering. Also wow i don't think I have ever made a char sheet that short before or with so little in it which makes me think that when I had originally wrote it I had ment to return to it and update it. But again my apologises. I think the idea sort of came from our conversation on borderlands where we had discusses I was not an expert with anyone weapon nor would it be that way. I know you said I could have said heirloom weapons as like a fondness or favorite but not more proficient. As a soldier I was a jack of all trades with weapons. Anyways I obviously misconstrued the whole idea and went extreme with it anyways yeah lol I will edit some of my post more so the whole carrying bit as her attitude is not in question. Or at least lower the idea. With her backround it would not be out of char or far fetched for her to be carrying a dagger or two on her person besides her listed main weapons. So I will adjust lol k now I am should be done rambling.

11. Valkyrie

Sorry for the double post Steel but an update. I edited my two posts to she is still using the same small dagger the whole time except the small instance she has her Kukri. Instead of the knives everywhere. As well while I was in there fixed some grammar and spelling but I am sure there is more to be found lol. Also Since I was somewhat disappointed with my own char sheet I changed the char pic and added a bit more to the bio and changed her bow to something not as out to lunch as the one with the blades on it as that one I didn't care for. It was hard to find a decent pic to go with my thoughts of her being in leather armor like breaches and a decent top but noooooo I can find archers and assasins and thieves galore if I wanted her in thong and bra. Dunno how that would help you be a better theif or assassin or archer but anyhow. This one was the closest to what image I had in mmy head. hopefully the change is acceptable. It isn't all that drastic. Slight touch ups here and there. As well I did add a couple daggers of basic non description to the mix but still eliminated the whole knives everywhere hidden and not hidden.

12. Domino

Domino CGO

Unfortunately Valk, as I'm sure you've noticed, scantily clad women are rather abundant in a gamer world where guys love fan service. *sigh* What's wrong with armor that can actually be used as...armor, not decoration?

13. Valkyrie

indeed. Ah well at least I am happy with the pic now. Its not that I mind something appealing or provacative but within reason I can't see bra and panties serving much use for armor lol. You would think they would kinda get a wee bit cold.

14. Steel

That's correct, Valk. I'm not saying that she cant' be obssessed with blades, but it will need to be in your character sheet with an explanation as to why. Keeping one or two hunting knives on her is fine with me, just put that in her sheet as wel. Much appreciated.

15. Valkyrie

In my newest post the second paragraph is more a personal trait and description end of things I couldn't think to deeply so its fairly broad if anyone feels like adding to it. Kinda the whole bit how she became part of the circle of friends since she is the youngest and like everyone little sister so to speak and judging from every bio on char sheets all the males I have a feeling will act like proper big over bearing brothers who like to protect said little sister so to speak. I figure it can make for some good rp considering her free spirited ways.

16. Aziroth

Aziroth Member

17. Steel

The link isn't working. And it's all good. I had invisioned a dragon that is a little bit bigger than Gideon....maybe 2 tons of scale and muscle, so not as big as most think dragons to be. It stands about 10 to 12 feet tall, at it's head. Maybe 15 feet long. So, you can imagine, this is not a huge dragon, by any means. But, it's stil extremely powerful. Good description in the RP, I really liked the enthusiasm and the way you connected what we had spoken about. Good job, Az

18. Aziroth

Aziroth Member

Thank you. I hope that we can make this rp a little more descriptive with how everyone feels for their characters roles and that if we do have a small rut in the rp where there is no posting going on, I hope that with everyone's knowledge and experience with rping, that we can imagine what our characters must feel like in the rp rather than waiting for a narration from our DM.

19. Steel

Is that a subtle jab at me? GASP! I'm actually going to be working on a narration in the next little bit. It's going to do exactly what you mentioned, force the characters to react. So...stay in character, or see what happens! BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUM!

20. Aziroth

Aziroth Member

Lmao, right on.